SSNC Private Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private forum for SSNC members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HP and Aiming Down Sights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
warbrand85

warbrand85

HP and Aiming Down Sights Empty
PostSubject: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:51 pm

When I first started the game, I was told that you never ever ever aim down sights.

It makes sense, it slows you to a crawl, and makes you an easy target... effectively bringing your "dance" game to a literal stand-still.

They told me you pretty much want to always hip fire, because it took 0 prep time, and didn't slow you down.

I couldn't hit A DAMN THING that way... enemies were too fast, and my bullets all went into business for themselves. I couldnt rely on hits, I simply held the fire button down, and counted the hits. This led me to believe it took more than half of a magazine to kill someone in this game, like it was intentionally made inaccurate so that players had a chance to survive in a world filled with 750 rpm rifles.

At the heart of it, HP don't matter. 172 hp is closer to 200 hp than the 28 hp difference might indicate, and 201 hp is much more than 200!

The numbers simply dictate how many hits you can take, and at what ranges you can take them. Assuming a 50 damage rifle, both the 172 HP player and the 200 HP player can take 4 hits (assuming no headshots) at less than the gun's minimum range. Not a lot of difference there. The big difference comes from the fact that the 200 hp player can absorb most BAR (assuming they are NOT using the feared 200 damage BAR, of course... or fire rounds...) rounds to the torso.

At 201 HP, however, the player can absorb a whole extra 50 damage rifle hit.

That is, unless the enemy has a 51 damage rifle! When building your weapon, players may think "Meh, it's only a point of damage"... but that point of damage can be the difference between downing an enemy, or finding yourself blown away.

So when aiming from the hip, I found it hard to get those four (sometimes five...) hits I needed to drop someone unless I was very close... and even then they could close that gap and do circles around me with their uber speed.

There are times when you need to stop the speed demon act, and actually aim a bit. You don't need to spend a whole magazine spraying at a target. They only need four hits, maybe a fifth one to drop. Aim down sights, and a couple quick and controlled bursts are enough to drop a target. It's surprising how fast stuff goes down when you actually HIT them XD.
Back to top Go down
GreekFire

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Ooh nice advice War. I'm assuming dancing is like running around making it harder for your enimies to zero in on you causing you to have a better chance of getting a kill. Ill take this in consideration when I'm on the battlefield next. My weapon does about 50 dmge.
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:58 pm

GreekFire wrote:
Ooh nice advice War. I'm assuming dancing is like running around making it harder for your enimies to zero in on you causing you to have a better chance of getting a kill. Ill take this in consideration when I'm on the battlefield next. My weapon does about 50 dmge.

Yup, one of our clanmates (TheTechPunk) actually wrote up a whole topic on what he calls "dancing".

For some, this is easy. Not for me. When you're moving AND hip firing, your crosshair spreads out to accomodate your "moving spread". This, effectively, lowers the range at which you can reliably expect to get a kill, considerably. It becomes harder to put four rounds in them before they do the same to you. You have to dance out of their line of sight (off to their side, generally, this is easier at closer ranges because you have less ground to "cover" before you reach the edge of their vision) and "flank" them by yourself. Once you accomplish this, you can stop moving, let your crosshair tighten, and finish them.

I can't agree with the "never stop moving" concept... but I use a Heal Injector... and my aim kind of sucks XD. I like to heal allies, because people REFUSE to use a damn Depot, and would rather chase down multiple targets at 5 hp. Use your HRV, if no threats are immediately nearby, and you actually HAVE a few seconds... stop. Just freakin' STOP. It's a pain to heal you when there is no threat around, and yet you're moving around like MC Hammer.
Back to top Go down
GreekFire

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:23 pm

I don't even know where the depot is on helo
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:06 am

I told you before warbrand, set your crosshairs to stay and make them about a quarter inch size on screen. If you set that kind of crosshairs on someone whilehipfiringñ then most of your bullets will hit them
Back to top Go down
GreekFire

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:13 am

Oh ill do that too.
Back to top Go down
Grover

Grover

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:54 am

Stay is a nice Cross Hair for all games actually , you can aim pretty well
Back to top Go down
http://www.begonebrotherhood.com/u2297
GreekFire

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:55 am

I see not stay. My crosshairs is small like static on begone
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:05 am

HP and Aiming Down Sights GaekNcz

These are my settings for my crosshairs.

Go to Setting >> Crosshairs
to change your crosshairs.
Back to top Go down
GreekFire

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:20 am

Oh ok ill try it out later.
Back to top Go down
Grover

Grover

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:42 am

Red actually looks good , its better to see with Dark Colors
Back to top Go down
TheTechPunk

TheTechPunk

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Dancing and hip firing can be hard, maybe try bursts or short stops at the end of a direction when strafing.
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:35 pm

the red signifies when my crosshairs are targeted on an enemy, grover.
Back to top Go down
GreekFire

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:41 pm

I get killed before i even react.
Back to top Go down
TheTechPunk

TheTechPunk

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Then you need to practice
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:52 pm

TheTechPunk wrote:
Dancing and hip firing can be hard, maybe try bursts or short stops at the end of a direction when strafing.

I've actually discovered something today...

When you're "dancing", instead of changing keys and changing direction (I want to stop going right, and go left, I release right, and hit left), hold BOTH keys for a brief moment, and then come up of the direction you no longer wish to travel in.

I think I'm describing it weird...

I'm holding "A", and going left... When I want to dance right, I hold "A" AND "S", then release A, while continuing to hold S.

Sort of like how in Contract Wars, the game is programmed to think that Shift is "walk", and thereby tightens your aim even if you're standing still... Blacklight can be "fooled" into thinking you're essentially moving two directions at once. It essentially goes thru the "fat boy" motion WHILE YOURE MOVING, and allows you to change directions that much quicker.

Back to top Go down
GreekFire

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:16 pm

So that means better accuracy?
Back to top Go down
Grover

Grover

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:07 am

Crouching makes you better at aiming to
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:26 am

GreekFire wrote:
So that means better accuracy?

Better accuracy? Not... really?

It just makes you not slow to a stop every time you change direction while trying to dance... which is a death sentence, to be honest. That split second you're trying to reshift your bulk allows them to get a bead on you, and then they track you back the other direction.

Example.

Moving left, enemy bullets are hitting where you WERE, not where you are, but they are closing in, so you opt to juke right in hopes of cutting "through" his fire, and once again getting ahead of him...

...HAAAARRRRUUUUUUMMMMPPPPH! You're just too fat... even with light armor on you have to stop your leftward momentum, and this stops you in your tracks... you take two hits... his crosshair is already on you... you take a step... hit... one more... head explodes.
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:15 am

Grover wrote:

It does, Grover, but if you crouch, you lose all mobility. Most people never crouch... ever... preferring instead to rely on Speed Nodes and Lag as their defense.

That being said, crouching can ensure all of your shots land, increasing how fast you drop a target, and potentially winning a damage race. I lack that "aiming confidence" that you should have in FPS games. I also have a bad habit of trying to "track" a target that hasn't even moved. I go from being on-target, jerk the crosshair left, overcompensate and go right, THEN get the crosshair back on target... when I could have just held still and killed em. Go figure.

I do, however, crouch behind waist-high cover in the game. It's like instant immunity to return fire, and can potentially save your life.

Don't be afraid of crouching... just know when and where to do it Smile
Back to top Go down
GreekFire

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:20 am

yeah croutching is like an automatic death
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:36 am

GreekFire wrote:
yeah croutching is like an automatic death

It most certainly can be if you're doing it in the open Wink
Back to top Go down
Grover

Grover

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:56 am

warbrand85 wrote:
Grover wrote:

It does, Grover, but if you crouch, you lose all mobility. Most people never crouch... ever... preferring instead to rely on Speed Nodes and Lag as their defense.

That being said, crouching can ensure all of your shots land, increasing how fast you drop a target, and potentially winning a damage race. I lack that "aiming confidence" that you should have in FPS games. I also have a bad habit of trying to "track" a target that hasn't even moved. I go from being on-target, jerk the crosshair left, overcompensate and go right, THEN get the crosshair back on target... when I could have just held still and killed em. Go figure.

I do, however, crouch behind waist-high cover in the game. It's like instant immunity to return fire, and can potentially save your life.

Don't be afraid of crouching... just know when and where to do it Smile

ahh I see , thanks WarBrand
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HP and Aiming Down Sights   HP and Aiming Down Sights Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

HP and Aiming Down Sights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SSNC Private Forum :: SSNC's Games :: SSNC Games :: Blacklight: Retribution :: Blacklight: Retribution :: Help & Tips-
Jump to: