SSNC Private Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private forum for SSNC members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What're you up to?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Unique
Thunder from Down Under
Unique

What're you up to? Empty
PostSubject: What're you up to?   What're you up to? Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:13 pm

So, being fairly non-active on the forums these days what is everybody up to? In life? What're your hobbies, your job, something you're looking forward to? This post is really just to get a greater appreciation of all our members and to stay connected. We're always concerned about what's best for the clan, what games we should play, etc, etc. but what happening out there in the real world.

As for me I'm currently 2 years out of university. I got a Bachelor of Information Technology and spent 6 months searching for a job, due to the tough work conditions currently in the state. Then I managed to land what I consider my first 'professional' job as an IT Support Officer looking after customers in Australia, India, Singapore & China. The position is great, and there's always a challenge in the world of IT. Generally I work 8-5 which seems like a pretty long day to me, but I guess that's adulthood for ya.

When I'm not working I enjoy hitting the gym. I'm a pretty slim guy but I try hard for those small gains Laughing . I also bought a PS4 a while back and usually end up playing The Witcher 3, Fallout 4 or GTA IV. Personally I think The Witcher 3 is one of the greatest games ever made, but of course that's my opinion. The PS4 is also the reason why you probably never see me gaming on my computer. I find the PS4 is a great escape from the daily computer life, and after tinkering with computers all week I really enjoy just plugging in a game and playing it, rather than having to tinker with my own computer to have the play the game.

In June - July I'm heading to the USA to do a Contiki tour which for those who don't know is a tour for young people (consisting of partying and drinking). So if you have any recommendations on what to see, or what not to see then feel free to shoot me a PM or even reply here!

So this topic is for everyone, what are you guys (and gals) doing these days?
"How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?" - Dr. Seuss
Back to top Go down
RadlyGnarly

RadlyGnarly

What're you up to? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What're you up to?   What're you up to? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Hey uni glad you found a relatively good job! I'm busy in my second year of university and I am trying to become a doctor so I haven't had time to play any games since summer lol. I still play my gamecube and ps2 though if I do have time. I still try to surf once a week and I swim in the pool almost daily. I know lots of cool places in the US so let me know where you are!
Back to top Go down
GreekFire

What're you up to? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What're you up to?   What're you up to? Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm getting a PS4 in the summer sometime so ill add you once i get it
Back to top Go down
Unique
Thunder from Down Under
Unique

What're you up to? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What're you up to?   What're you up to? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:51 pm

I'm heading to a lot of places in the US. Doing a tour of the West side then heading to the East side and doing another tour then heading to Florida. I'll be in LA for a few days before the tour though so I'm thinking of heading to Disneyland, but am definetly open to suggestions

GreekFire wrote:
I'm getting a PS4 in the summer sometime so ill add you once i get it

Yeah hit me up when you get it. I like the look of the new Tom Clancy game although I'm going to take a look at the reviews before doing getting it. GTA online is always fun though
Back to top Go down
RadlyGnarly

RadlyGnarly

What're you up to? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What're you up to?   What're you up to? Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:04 pm

If you like Disney stuff it's awesome, plus it still is cool either way, but there is also universal studios, six flags, or knott's berry farm for similar things. Don't forget to hang out at the beach and ocean, good places include Zuma, Palos Verdes, and Laguna.

What're you up to? 310px-Palosverdes
Palos Verdes

What're you up to? 5326
Knotts
Back to top Go down
Unique
Thunder from Down Under
Unique

What're you up to? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What're you up to?   What're you up to? Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:26 pm

Truth be told I really hate thrill rides and that roller coaster looks scary as hell!
Back to top Go down
OmboKing
Commisioner
OmboKing

What're you up to? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What're you up to?   What're you up to? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:00 pm

Hey all! I guess I should follow in Unique's footsteps and let you know what I have been up to. The biggest thing thst has been happening for me, is LIFE.

It's been a while since I've given you all an update on what has been happening with me, and I think the last time I did, I was much more entrenched within the forums.

I guess the first thing to say is what I have not been up to. I have not been active with the forum (obviously), I have scaled back gaming to maybe no more than 2-4 hours a week (in fact, I only play Real Racing 3, and Borderlands), I don't spend a great deal of time on socail media anymore, and so it can generally be said that I have scaled back the amount of time I spend on time wasting enterprises. It's strange though, I find myself constantly on the iPad though, randomly looking up sites zi frequently visit, almost eith the expectation that entertainment will jump out at me. I find that it rarely does.

Over the past year or so, I have completed my Masters in Education, have also completed a Certificate IV in Assessment and Training (which allows me to teach vocational subjects), have graduated University for the 3rd time, have paid off all my University debts, have traveled to the Philippines twice, been to Hong Kong, been to Vietnam, and in the rest of the time, have worked my arse off with substitute teaching and private tutoring. All in all, I guess I can honestly say that I have been quite productive.

The biggest thing for me though, is that I have asked my girlfriend in the Philippines to join me in Australia, and she has happily agreed. We have gotten the visa stuff together finally, and paid for it (ugh expensive!) and submitted it earlier this month. It will take from 9 - 12 months for it to be processed though, so I guess that she and I just have to be patient as we have been up until now. But I am looking forward to her joining me here greatly. I feel like it will be a wonderful start to a new chapter for me, for us.

Currently, work has been hectic. I have worked every single day of this first term which is highly unusual for a casual teacher. I have basically been told "Keep coming in until we tell you not to", and this is due to me covering another teachers junior classes due to medical reasons. So I am taking the opportunity to save as much money as I can, as I know that it will be needed one the missus is over here. I am also going to go on a short cruise in the upcoming school holidays, and have a boys weekend planned which will definitely be a barrel of laughs.

So that is my life in a nutshell. Pretty happy with how things are going, and I expect that they will get even more positively interesting in about a year's time.

Hope you have all been well!

- Ombo

@Unique: Thanks for making this topic mate, it was a very good idea. Also, I really hope you enjoy your time over in the states. Did a couple of summer camps myself there, and I count those days as some of the most tiring, and interesting days I've had. It is certainly interesting to observe the differences in American and Australian cultures.
Back to top Go down
Unique
Thunder from Down Under
Unique

What're you up to? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What're you up to?   What're you up to? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:38 pm

Great to hear you're keeping busy Ombo Razz

3 times completing university... Jeez I thought it was bad enough completing it once. Congrats on that! cheers

I remember us speaking about the hoops you and your girlfriend have had to go through to have her be able to move and live in Australia. Being Australian, I can imagine how hard that process has been. I imagine the Government have probably gone through all your personal details with a fine tooth comb. It does sound like you've made it through the hardest part though and from here it's just a waiting game. And I know it may seem like an unbearable amount of time you have to wait but at the end of the day it will all be worth it.

Hope to hear from everybody else here! Obviously we are all very busy and don't get the spare time we wish we had to play games, browse forums, use social media, chat etc, however a quick update every now and then can give us a great insight into each others lives.
Back to top Go down
RadlyGnarly

RadlyGnarly

What're you up to? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What're you up to?   What're you up to? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:42 pm

Just finished some finals and had spring break Smile now back for another 10 week quarter of more stupid hard classes!
Back to top Go down
Wraith8941

Wraith8941

What're you up to? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What're you up to?   What're you up to? Icon_minitime1Fri May 06, 2016 2:41 am

Unique wrote:
Truth be told I really hate thrill rides and that roller coaster looks scary as hell!

I totally agree man I have a very atuned sense of Vertigo, so I would pass out about 5-10 seconds in Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What're you up to? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What're you up to?   What're you up to? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What're you up to?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SSNC Private Forum :: General - Public :: Meet 'n Greet-
Jump to: