SSNC Private Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private forum for SSNC members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All About BLR and How to Get Started

Go down 
+2
MurderwoodKiller
UnspokenSound
6 posters
AuthorMessage
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

All About BLR and How to Get Started Empty
PostSubject: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:23 am

Hey guys,

I'll be Blacklight: Retribution (BLR) commander for SSNC, if you would like to know more about myself and my personal livelihood, you can read my Intro to SSNC here:

https://ssnc-clan.forumotion.com/t260-hey-guys-ihave-everything
^As mef. would state, it's a bit long, so That's why I won't post it here.

WHAT IS BLR?

BLR WEB wrote:
Wage war with advanced weapons and technology in Blacklight: Retribution, a free-to-play, futuristic first-person shooter. Deploy devastating armored exoskeletons and utilize lethal hand-held weapons in vicious competitive modes.
Click link below to find out more info about BLR.
http://blacklight.perfectworld.com/about/

NEW TO BLR?

Go to this link:
https://register.perfectworld.com/bl_splash
^to go through the whole Registering process, then you can Download the Game.

You can also go here:
http://blacklight.perfectworld.com/download
^To just download the Game.

NEW TO SSNC?

First of all, I would like to say Welcome! SSNC is a pretty old clan, and originated from a browser game called, BeGone, over a couple years ago. I was not part of the clan at that time, however, I was acquainted with SSNC for a good amount of time. A lot of people ask what SSNC stands for, but they will never know cause SSNC keeps the meaning unrevealed except to those that are part of the SSNC Core.

If you would like to know more about SSNC, click on the spoiler below that was pulled from a BeGone Forum:
Clan Ad from BeGone:

I would like to thank you for taking your time and checking out our Clan's Forum and Introducing yourself.

VOICE CHAT WITH SSNC MEMBERS

SSNC uses Dolby Axon for Voice Chat. We are very active there, and you will find it fun to hang out with some of us there.
Download it Here:
https://axon.dolby.com/download_sign_up.php

Once you do that, You need to add anyone from the SSNC clan such as Gunr22, Recoil315, Myself, and so on... So that we can invite you to the SSNC Voice Channel.

NEED HELP?

You can PM me, or send a post on this topic if you have any questions about BLR.

Thanks,
-IH3D

Last edited by IHave3D on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MurderwoodKiller

MurderwoodKiller

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:37 am

Hey, this is probably a dumb question, but is this a steam game.. Also, is it a free-to-play...
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:40 am

Yes, and Yes. =D
Back to top Go down
MurderwoodKiller

MurderwoodKiller

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:42 am

OK, Thanks.. =DDD
Back to top Go down
Ryukai
Banned

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:30 am

Damn, this is nice...

Now i feel like im slacking! gotta make this for PoE and TF2 now, lol

Good job man!
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Well thank you Ryukai. =)
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:56 am

Back to top Go down
Throns

Throns

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:51 am

Looks pretty cool, wish I had a gaming PC!
Back to top Go down
Sn!per

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:58 am

Remind me, when is the big update coming out? Cant find the damn date.
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:32 am

No one can.

They have taken to the philosophy of most devs and we will "get it when it's ready".

It's not even like they're starting from scratch, we're getting all the same stuff as the PS4 version, just tweaked for PC. It's not going cross-platform, just copy and paste.

As for dates, I've heard the 29th of last month, from another source I heard that was delayed, and it's early THIS month... but since the game has been in "maintenance" mode since early yesterday, it's possible that they're trying to implement it already.
Back to top Go down
Sn!per

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:39 pm

Well, i found the date. Its 13th July!
Blacklight 2015 Roadmap (work in progress)
May
Work for international partner, IAH
July 13th
Update to BLR Russian PC Users
Friends Support
Server Browser Support
Parity Patch to bring PC to PS4 Level
Major changes to PC
Please review the Parity Patch FAQ below for more information on the changes
July (late in the month)
PS4 Update; including
Release EVAC
Updated Private Match Support
Updated Practice Options and more maps and bots
Clan Support
Notification Support
Missions System
August
PC & PS4 Hot Fix follow up to Parity Patch
PC & PS4 Content Patch
More Information To Be Released as we Get Closer
September (TBD)
Release BLR Editor (for Windows PC)
October (TBD)
PC & PS4 Content Patch
More Information To Be Released as we Get Closer
November (TBD)
Hot Fix follow up for October Content Patch

Source: http://www.hardsuitlabs.com/
Back to top Go down
Sn!per

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:35 pm

The parity patch update was supposed to be launched 13th July..then due found bugs they moved it to 22th July. Now gues what? They now say it will be ready in 29th July.
Am i the only one who thinks it will be around the end of august when it finnally becomes ready?
This patch release date has been moved 4 times..I for some awfully good reason start to think that this patch will be buggy as hell and will take exactly 99999999 years to fix all the glitches.
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:25 am

If they ever get fixed.

The original BLR was full of utterly retarded "coding 101" error glitches that were never addressed.

Becomes a whole different kind of shooter when a target can hide inside of a nearby wall, and slip out to kill you when you least expect it.
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:44 am

Sn!per wrote:
The parity patch update was supposed to be launched 13th July..then due found bugs they moved it to 22th July. Now gues what? They now say it will be ready in 29th July.
Am i the only one who thinks it will be around the end of august when it finnally becomes ready?
This patch release date has been moved 4 times..I for some awfully good reason start to think that this patch will be buggy as hell and will take exactly 99999999 years to fix all the glitches.

The reason they pushed back the date from the 22 to the 29th, is because of Arc (originally called PWE) side of the problems. They were going through API issues that was blocking the migration process.
ARC is totally ignoring maintenance for the old Blacklight: Retribution, cause they are focusing on making sure that the new update will come out asap.

So, I hope, and i'm sure they will make the 29th the date this time.
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:01 am

Well, Parity patch is here... but you all can't play it XD

Not for a few DAYS anyway... they decided that they haven't dragged their feet long enough about this, so the servers are down for several more days. You can download the patch/update now, but you have to uninstall the current installation of BLR, redownload the game, and THEN patch... only to not be able to connect to the down servers. Oh well. The diehard fans will overlook this, I'm sure.

I've been reading about the Toxic Ammo as it currently stands on the PS4.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Blacklight-Retribution-General/Toxic-ammo-quite-over-powered/td-p/44989554/page/4

They are "updating elemental ammo to match the PS4 version" with the new patch. Apparently Toxic Ammo is OP.

Unspoken mentioned something about it "poisoning you until you die"... apparently this is true to an extent. I assumed this meant that you slowly lost hp until you died (which would be annoying as hell and gamebreaking, some pissant twerp child would tag you with a toxic light pistol, then run off laughing at you over voice chat...), in actuality, it works similar to how it did before, but with more damage up front, a small DoT, but the damning thing about toxic ammo that has everyone's ass so chafed is the fact that it adds something they're calling a "Death Mark". This mark lowers your maximum HP until you die. It's a permanent loss of maximum hp in a game where 200 hp = "an eyeblink from death". People are upset because you don't even really have to aim, you just spray at someone and if a bullet hits, they lose a massive chunk of life.

For those who are familiar with Warframe, this is also how why I play Saryn... one of her abilities removes a massive chunk of life from targets, making everything in the game vastly softer. The Viral (IIRC...) add-on for weapons works similarly. Removing chunks of life is a huge game changer.

HSL has stated that they are waiting to see how this ammo "settles into the meta". They want to see player response to it. However, this is nothing new! It was like this on PS4, and people seem to hate it!

Toxic protection on that PS4 forum seems to vary widely. Some folks say "it is a waste of a slot, and does nothing", while others say it blocks the health-loss, which makes it sound almost like a slot-tax. I'm not sure where it lands.

HSL have stated that they have several possible fixes loaded up in their back pocket that they can implement if Toxic ammo is truly OP, but c'mon... if you know it's hated on one community, go ahead and change it on another! Don't subject us to folks who spray and pray with a TSMG at far ranges and drop our life to 100 with lucky hits! Don't force us to devote a gear slot to Tox Protection JUST to avoid said children!

*smh*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All About BLR and How to Get Started   All About BLR and How to Get Started Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

All About BLR and How to Get Started
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SSNC Private Forum :: SSNC's Games :: SSNC Games :: Blacklight: Retribution :: Blacklight: Retribution :: General - News-
Jump to: