SSNC Private Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private forum for SSNC members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News from the Developers on BLR Updates

Go down 
+2
mef36
UnspokenSound
6 posters
AuthorMessage
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

News from the Developers on BLR Updates Empty
PostSubject: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:27 am

Link: http://blacklight-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=739671

News from the Developers on BLR Updates DMeOKC9

So here's the deal, I'm going to be working pretty hard to get GP saved up for any friends that needs up building their characters.
All my GP that I make from games, will be saved for friends, since I have just about everything.

The new stuff... I'll be spending real cash for, in support for the Game Updates.

So, If i was any of you, I would make an account, download the game... create your character.
Then, you might get (don't quote me) but some free stuff for being registered before the updates come in. Like kewl camo perhaps as reward... idk. But sometimes they do that.

Then if you want to wait for the game to come out before playing it, then you might as well uninstall the game, cause they are using a new client for BLR.
So instead of using Unreal Engine 3, they are using Unreal Engine 4.
Back to top Go down
mef36
The Big Fish
mef36

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:21 am

You gotta work harder to get me into this shit...
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Thats all they told us. They mentioned changing things up that will effect veterian players like myself. But that knowledge u dont need.
Now the pc will be getting the same updates as ps4. As of right now, the ps4 version of the game is more updated than the pc. They are
on a new client, less hackers, new helmets, theres a new recievers, new maps, of course the glitches pc has the ps4 is fixed on. So if you look into the ps4 version of this game, you will see what the pc will be getting and also more stuff will be added along with the new update that the ps4 is getting. So basically they are catching the pc up with the ps4, but also giving the ps4 updates as the pc will have two in one updates.

I heard there was a leak on information about a new reciever called recon rifle and some shit.

Otherwise they are saying that the next update for pc will require us to uninstall the old blr files and reinstall the new blr. And it willl take more time till update cause they want to make they dont make a glitchy fuck hell of a game from transferring updates from the ps4 to the pc.

Thats about all i have from them atm. I might try picking a brain or two from the moderators to get a sneak peak.
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:50 am

Anyone that is reading this thread, please listen to me on this and try to conversate about this discussion, as me questions on it and what Not... I've played this game for 3 years and still love it today. I was even playing it while playing BeGone when it was at it's best.

This is the Perfect time to be looking into blacklight: retribution as a focused game for the clan. It's free, the only downside is having to download it.
Blacklight is about to have it's biggest update, Since this game hasn't been updated for almost 2 years. They are wanting to change so much, and make it so that they can continue to update the game much easier.

So if you start a new account, THIS is the best time to start this game. I don't know when they will update, cause they want to play safe and not set a date on when the update will be.
Like literately, I'm making suggestions in the Games Forum and the devs are actually taking note. This is a big thing for BLR.

I honestly believe this is a game that can cause a revival to SSNC playing a competitive game together like we (Well, I wasn't in SSNC at the time, but STILL) did in BeGone.
So ask me any questions you might have about this Game!

Last edited by UnspokenSound on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreekFire

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:30 pm

I never got the flow of the game. I didnt know what to do..
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:28 am

It's not a game that you can just jump into and expect to be pro at within a week or two.
It took me a long time to be good at this game cause I had to figure out how the pros did it on my own.

But, now I know how the Pro's do it, and I can help speed up ya's progress.
Back to top Go down
michaelestk

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:57 am

click and shoot things.... requires common sense and the ability to not over commit to kill.... i still troll and go for le kill heuahueahh
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:56 am

They're basically just bringing over everything they've done for the game on PS4. No reason to make the two compete against each other, right? PC and PSX^5.4 I mean.

The guns they're adding might be fun to play with, but I honestly don't see them as necessary. We pretty much have the entire gun spectrum covered. They're adding a "Tactical Rifle" that is basically an Assault Rifle with more damage, accuracy, and stability, but a reduced fire rate and IIRC ammo capacity...

So it's basically a Bullpup that shares parts with other Assault Rifle types.

I understand they are adding a bow of some kind. Not sure if it's going to be a crossbow or not, but I imagine this is going to be some sort of niche weapon. Basically, a sniper rifle with ammo that is affected by gravity and possibly has elemental effects on the ammo (Arrows explode like a grenade after a period of time, or shock, or toxic cloud...). This could have been replicated by adding different ammo types to the breech pistol. I don't see why we truly need another weapon that is affected by gravity (Throwing Knives, I'm looking at you...)

I'd be happy with new maps and some fixes to the old ones (Maybe follow Unspoken's advice and optimize those polygon counts so the maps play more smoothly for more players?)
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:38 am

The biggest thing that excites me is a new map and the anti hack getting updated, the servers to be optomized in the fure. They said to expect better fps too. The new stuff, as warbran has mentioned is just extra stuff to challenge yiurself with and have a fun way to killing other players.
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:45 am

News from the Developers on BLR Updates Wp_20111

They'd better fix the anti cheat. You know how many times I got called a hacker after this stunt? XD
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:53 am

they finally banned that woodystyles fella for accusing so many people of hacking, and starting flame wars over it. lol
Back to top Go down
Zeuslight12

Zeuslight12

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:51 pm

lol linn you realize the bullpop is firerate nerfed, it was too op
Also i would like to join a blr clan
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:21 pm

Idk, man. If anything, it felt like the BPFA's firerate was buffed. I know the fire rate numbers haven't changed, but it somehow feels... off... somehow.

Shots I know I would have had before, miss. There has been more than one occasion where I've had my Lightsky sight aimed at someone's chest, and shots simply refuse to register. Anyway, it doesn't feel right anymore, so I'm trying to get used to other stuff. TSMG works ok on smaller maps, Tactical Rifle and Burstfire on others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News from the Developers on BLR Updates   News from the Developers on BLR Updates Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

News from the Developers on BLR Updates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SSNC Private Forum :: SSNC's Games :: SSNC Games :: Blacklight: Retribution :: Blacklight: Retribution :: General - News-
Jump to: