SSNC Private Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private forum for SSNC members.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Empty
PostSubject: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:15 pm

This is the kind of experience that we can get involved in.
I would like to see SSNC as the new "Big Boys" of the BLR town.

As for SSNC being known for it's color White,
Blacklight: Retribution gives us the ability to represent our clan by our colors Like:

This

Spoiler:

or

Spoiler:

We can also be a bit more tactical by going with black camo, which will make our white emblems stick out:

Spoiler:

Notice the emblems at the top right of the picture... you can do several different customization... but as a clan, we can keep our emblems similar by making white the dominate color in our emblems.

So, I hope this will encourage ya in considering Blacklight Retribution as a game for our clan to really focus on for competitive gaming.
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Also, I have a Team Speak Voice Channel that I'm willing to share with SSNC.
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:43 am

Just made an SSNC clan tag on my Alt. account. This way the name will remained reserved.
And if anyone joins the game and wants in the SSNC clan there, just let me know and add OnlyOpOriginated as friend in-game.

The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. PCJ8DSh
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:25 am

Believe it or not, I find that the camo actually does help a little bit in-game, provided you weren't HRVed by an enemy (I know, I know... HRV is the whole POINT of the game, right?). Sometimes there just isn't TIME to HRV, so people don't use it, or they "forget" to hit it. Anyway, I've turned corners and rushed into a room and given a target that was blended-in all day and an eternity to sight in and get a shot off.

And no, I don't get mad at THEM or call them hackers XD. Fair is fair. Not seeing someone who matches the color of a wall is simply MY failing.

I really do think as a competitive team, we'd be unstoppable. Sure, Blacklight is a little different than other shooters, but MikeSTK picked it up pretty quick. I'm sure the rest of us can and will follow suit.

Besides, I can't STAND Tool clan. I'm not going to get into it because people LOVE to defend them, but I find all members of their clan play as if the same person is controlling them. They all move the same way.

I'm curious to see if their "skill" and clan tag both will carry over into the update.
Back to top Go down
GreekFire

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:05 pm

i think it has a tough learning curve. Ill play it i guess.
Back to top Go down
michaelestk

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:38 pm

if you can play the game you are a noob o.o

aiming system is like cw for me, this game is more guerrilla warfare than direct combat so only go against two people if they are annoying aholes or you is zeus.

BR
Back to top Go down
juniorcsf

juniorcsf

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:08 am

I have finished downloading the game, will install it and try to run it tonight!
Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:36 am

michaelestk wrote:
if you can play the game you are a noob o.o

aiming system is like cw for me, this game is more guerrilla warfare than direct combat so only go against two people if they are annoying aholes or you is zeus.

BR

In that it has a crosshair, and your aim spreads outward as you shoot... sure. Similarities end there.

Contract Wars simulates recoil by simply widening the crosshair as you shoot. FireStab helps prevent this from happening a little bit, but that's it. Your crosshair stays exactly where you want it to in CW.

Blacklight has real-time recoil, and it is much worse from the hip than it is down sights (as someone mentioned... Sprinks I think... stabilizing your weapon IRL improves performance). Your gun kicks randomly within a pre-specified field that is designated by "Receiver" (you build your "guns" from scratch in this game, the receiver is the weapon's general "body"). Learning how to control each individual gun is something you have to learn as a player. There is no magic FireStab skill this time around.

Luckily, you can opt to fire smaller bullets! In a manner of speaking, anyway.

Muzzles with lower damage tend to have lower recoils. Suppressors also lower the velocity of the rounds, reducing kickback, but also reducing impact (damage) and round stability in flight (outside forces begin acting on a round sooner, so the round has more of a chance to veer off target). Many new players fear recoil because they're used to emptying magazines at targets in other shooters. Going full auto in BLR is a sure fire way to cut an outline of your target.

The difference between Spread and Recoil in the game is this: You, as a player, have the chance to control Recoil. Spread is completely random.

That said, Spread isn't entirely your enemy. To a point, you can think of Spread as your "oops margin". If you have 0.00 spread, it's ENTIRELY up to you to make that shot land. If you have 1.00, however, if your aim is "close but not quite", there is a chance that the round veers in your favor and manages to hit the target anyway. Of course, there is also a chance it goes in a totally harmless direction... XD

I tend to run with .80 Spread down sights on automatic weapons, and aim for 4-5 hip spread.
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:31 am

GreekFire wrote:
i think it has a tough learning curve. Ill play it i guess.

juniorcsf wrote:
I have finished downloading the game, will install it and try to run it tonight!

Sweet!
I'm willing to take the time and spectate ya while i'm voice chatting with you about how to use your HRV and other ways of playing in the game. I'm waiting for my mouse to be replaced, which will take about a week. Until then, I'll be planning a weekend for all of us to get together on a private server and play.
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:35 am

warbrand85 wrote:

The difference between Spread and Recoil in the game is this:  You, as a player, have the chance to control Recoil. Spread is completely random.

Sometimes spread can be your ally, but that depends on the gun and how you play as a individual.

Like for me, I mainly use the BSMG. It has a spread, but sometimes that spread works perfectly for CQC.... which is what I play a lot (helodeck).
But I do agree that you can Control Recoil unlike what you can with Spread. What I'm saying is, is that, if you figure out a guns spread... it can really be your best friend like the spread on the BSMG is for me.
Back to top Go down
michaelestk

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:36 am

you not having a mouse has so many benefits :3

Back to top Go down
warbrand85

warbrand85

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:16 am

UnspokenSound wrote:
warbrand85 wrote:

The difference between Spread and Recoil in the game is this:  You, as a player, have the chance to control Recoil. Spread is completely random.

Sometimes spread can be your ally, but that depends on the gun and how you play as a individual.

Like for me, I mainly use the BSMG. It has a spread, but sometimes that spread works perfectly for CQC.... which is what I play a lot (helodeck).
But I do agree that you can Control Recoil unlike what you can with Spread. What I'm saying is, is that, if you figure out a guns spread... it can really be your best friend like the spread on the BSMG is for me.

Exactly. Depends on the weapon and what you want to do.

On a .80 ADS/4.00 move spread AR, I find that most situations I can quickly decide if I really need to aim down sights or not based on distance. Lol! Yeah, lemme hear it... AR is OP. XD

Too tight of spread urges me to use my weapons beyond the range they're meant to be used at. People say you can snipe with an AR, but it's like driving your car with your feet. You CAN do it... that doesn't make it a good idea.
Back to top Go down
UnspokenSound

UnspokenSound

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Uk...ZoMYIeJaK3HStT

This guy just posted on the BLR forums about his wife being excited that she had a 3 kill streak... until her husband killed here by smaking her with a shield. lol

This is the type of stuff I can see SSNC members doing, having fun like this.

I want to try getting a hold of these guys, see if they don't want to hang out sometime. idk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.   The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The reason I want SSNC to Play BLR.
Page 1 of 1